Clay Shooting Lessons
Adventure Sports offer a range of shooting lessons and courses suitable for everyone from complete beginners to experienced competition and game shooters at our Wedgnock Shooting Ground.
Traditional Target Sport
Safe & Comfortable
Clay Shooting Tuition
Whether you're a shotgun license holder looking to improve your skills or a beginner working towards gaining your license, Adventure Sports have expert CPSA and APSI instructors to get you to the next level.
- 50 shot lesson
- Shooting introduction course
- Shooting tuition
- 50 Shot Lesson
The perfect start for someone looking to give clay pigeon shooting a go. This session will let you find out if shooting is the right sport for you.
- Shooting tuition
Ideal for people looking to take part in our regular club shoots, or working towards their shotgun license. This 3 lesson course includes safety, relulations, technique and gun handling skills.
Get prepared for the season or simply improve your technique and form with one-on-one shooting tuition.
- Participants must be 14+ years old
- If you wish to have shooting tuition, you must be a shotgun license holder
- If any of the group members are aged under 16 years we will need at least two adults to accompany the group
Included in experience
- Full tuition throughout from an experienced instructor
- Full set of protective equipment
- Cartridges and Clays included for Lessons and our Introductory Course
Shooting introduction course
Our beginners course for clay pigeon shooting is three 1 hour lessons:
- Part One - 50 Shot Lesson, including safety and basic shooting techniques
- Part Two - 25 Shot Lesson, explanation of guns, shooting disciplines and law
- Part Three - 50 Shot Lesson and how to buy your first gun!
This course will equip you with the safety information and knowledge that will give you the confidence to be able to shoot at a clay shooting ground.
- Shooting ground safety principles
- Gun handling
- Shooting techniques
- Explanation of disciplines (Skeet, DTL, Sporting and Sportrap)
- Shooting ground etiquette
- Shotgun licence requirements
- Types of shotgun
- Cartridge loads, shot size and chamber length
Get in touch to book a clay pigeon shooting lesson
Contact the Adventure Sports team to book your clay pigeon shooting lesson with an expert instructor, whether you're a licensed shooter or a beginner.Get in touch
Need something special?
Booking a special event? Or want to add some extras to your experience? Talk to the Adventure Sports team and we'll help you organise the perfect event.Get in touch
Clay Pigeon Shooting Lessons
If you are looking to take up clay shooting as a sport or hobby, we highly recommend our Shooting Introduction Course. It will equip you with the basic skills, safety information and knowledge that you'll need to take up shooting.
For those who already have a license, our expert tutors can help you prepare for the season, improve your technique or even help you diagnose problems with your setup. Contact the Adventure Sports team today to book your clay pigeon shooting lessons.