The following terms & conditions apply to Hovercraft sessions at Adventure Sports, Warwick:
- The payment is non-refundable apart from in the following circumstances:
- If any changes are made we can refund the payment but only if we are notified at least seven days before the date of the session.
- The hovercraft session is cancelled due to a sustained period of freezing weather conditions or very strong winds. Adventure Sports will attempt to contact all attendees provided that we have the correct contact details.
- Refunds will be made on the next working day.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your allocated start time. The start and finish times for the session are fixed. If the group arrives late the session will still end at the allocated time.
- If one or more members of the group are late it will not be possible to incorporate them into the group after instruction has started.
- Proof of age will be requested if the instructor suspects that a participant is under 14 years old. If you do look young for your age please bring along some ID.
- All participants will be required to fill in a form prior to taking part in the activity to acknowledge they:
- Are aware of the potential risks involved.
- Confirm they are physically and mentally fit.
- Will follow the instructions given by the instructor.
- Are over 14 years old. Those aged 14 to 15 years will need a parent or guardian (aged 18 +) to sign their form on their behalf.
- Weigh between 7 and 18 stone (44 - 114 kg)
- Able to move your body weight around whilst kneeling.
- Please note we are unable to accept liability for any errors resulting from data which you have entered incorrectly.
Others Bits & Pieces
- Every effort is made to ensure mechanical reliability. In the unlikely event of breakdown another time slot may be offered at the instructor’s discretion.
- In the case of intentional damage to property, Adventure Sports will pursue those responsible for compensation.
- No one under, or suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to take part in the activity.
- Flying hovercraft requires you to move your body from side to side whilst kneeling down. If you can't do this you won't be able to fly.
- Adventure Sports Ltd. is not liable to any losses or damage to clothing, footwear or personal effects.
- It is the responsibility of any participant to inform the instructor if they have any illness, disability or injury.
You may get wet and muddy! Please bring suitable footwear and clothing you don’t mind getting wet or muddy.
The following clothing advice should be followed:
- Long trousers are advisable as you will be knealing in the hovercraft whilst piloting the hovercraft.
- The hovercraft fan may draw in any loose clothing! Avoid anything with drawstrings or tassels and no scarves.
- Long hair must be contained within the crash helmet.
- Trainers or walking boots are ideal. No sandals / flip flops / open toed shoes.
- Gloves can be useful on cold days.
- A waterproof jacket is advisable if rain is forecast (it may get muddy).
- Waterproof trousers can also be useful in the wet.
- Overalls can be hired out at £3.50 per set.
- Crash Helmets will be provided. Participants may bring their own crash helmets. The helmet must comply with the following:
- Marked with British Standard BS 6658: 1995.
- Full face – the body of the helmet covers the entire head, apart from the eyes (open face helmets are not suitable).
- Visor fitted (easily raised and lowered) or suitable goggles used.
- Chin strap with a buckle that operates correctly and straps that are firmly secured to the body of the helmet.
- The helmet should not have been modified in any way.
- The shell of the helmet must be undamaged – if it has been dropped or has had a collision in the past it must not be used.
- The instructor has the final decision as to whether the helmet is suitable.
Directions to Adventure Sports
From the M40 junction 15, take the A46 north (towards Coventry). Take the 1st exit (approx 2 miles) signed Solihull A4177 and Warwick A425. At the top of the slip road turn right at the roundabout towards Warwick.
Travel ¼ mile to a small roundabout and turn left onto Wedgnock Lane.
After ½ mile turn left into a small road opposite the Volvo building (look for flagpoles on the right) and follow the Adventure Sports signs for ½ mile.
When on-site follow signs for 'Outdoor Activity Centre'. These will take you to the Clubhouse building in the middle of the site.
Sat Nav Users
Just enter our postcode (CV35 7PX) into your Sat Nav and this should bring you to our site. When you are getting close, do keep your eyes open for signs for 'Adventure Sports Outdoor Activity Centre'
Some Sat Navs will try to take you to a nearby farm - look out for our signs (Adventure Sports Outdoor Activity Centre) and follow them. Alternatively put any of the following co-ordinates into to your Sat Nav :
Grid Reference: SP 27311 67266
X (Eastings): 427311, Y (Northings): 267266
Latitude: 52.302837, Longitude: -1.6009046
Adventure Sports Ltd., Wedgnock Rifle Range, Wedgnock Lane, Warwick, CV35 7PX
Tel. 01926 491 948
Download a PDF copy of these directions.